Drug abuse usually starts from small things such as the desire to try it, follow the trend, social status symbol, an escape from problems and others.
Levels of drug abuse can be described as follows:
try -> fun -> use only at certain times -> abuse -> addiction.
Or according to WHO:
Abstitent -> Experimental -> occasional -> Regular -> habitual -> dependent.
Impact of drug abuse.
In the intensity of the use of continuous dosing and the dosage that exceeds the specified, it will be impacted on addiction. Of addiction is what will lead to other disorders, such as physical impairment, psychological, and social disruption.
Drug abuse can trigger a variety of physical disorders, among others:
- Disorders of the nervous system (neurological) such as: convulsions, hallucinations, neurological disorders and other edge.
- Disturbances in the heart and artery (cardiovascular) such as: acute infection of the heart muscle and circulatory disorders.
- Skin disorders (dermatologist) such as: penanahan (abscess), allergies and eczema.
- Pad disorders of the lungs (pulmonary) such as: suppression of respiratory function, breathing difficulties, hardening of lung tissue.
- Frequent headaches, nausea and vomiting, increased body temperature, heart shrinkage and difficulty sleeping.
- Impact on reproductive health are endocrine disorders, such as decreased function of reproductive hormones (estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone).
- Impact on reproductive health among girls, such as changes in menstrual periods, irregular menstruation, and amenorhoe.
- For injecting drug users through needle, especially with the use of alternate may trigger the risk of contracting various diseases such as hepatitis B, C and HIV.
- Use in large doses can cause an overdose resulting in death.
Drug use is also a negative impact on mental health, such as:
- Work slow, sloppy, often tense and anxious.
- The loss of confidence, apathy, dreamer and suspicious.
- Agiatif, became tempramental and brutal act.
- Difficulty concentrating, feeling upset and depressed.
- Tends to self-harm, feelings of insecurity, even suicide.
Besides the effects mentioned above, drug users are usually also faced with social problems:
- Mental disorders, anti-social and immoral, ostracized by the environment.
- Troublesome and a burden the family.
- Disrupted education and a bleak future.
Conclusion: The drug has a very bad for our lives, so forbid drug abuse from now on.