Know the types of drugs is important, where to find out what drugs are classified into those we expected to be able to prevent the abuse as early as possible.
In general, drugs can be classified into two namely:
Narcotics. Is a substance or a drug derived from a plant or not plant, either the synthesis or semi synthesis which can cause a decrease or change in consciousness, loss of pain and can lead to dependence.
The species include:
- Plant: Papaver, opium, morfina, kokaina, ekgonina, cannabis and cannabis resin.
- Salts and derivatives of morfina and kokaina, as well as mixtures of preparations containing the above ingredients.
The species include: Sedatin (Pill), Rohypnol, Magadon, Valium, Mandarax, Amfetamine, Fensiklidin, Metakualon, Metifenidat, Phenobarbital, Flunitrazepam, Ecstasy, Shabu-shabu, LSD (Lycergic Eyebrows diethylamide), etc..
Types of drugs according to their effects:
- Depressant. Ie suppress the central nervous system and reduce the functional activity of the body so that the user feel calm, even could make the user fall asleep and unconscious. In excessive usage can lead to death.
Classified as a depressant: opioda and all its derivatives such as morphine and heroin. Which is quite popular is putaw.
- Stimulant. Stimulate body functions and improve arousal and awareness.
Are classified as stimulants: caffeine, cocaine, amphetamines. A quite popular: shabu-shabu and extasi.
- Hallucinogens. Changing the perception or the cause hallucinations.
Hallucinogen derived mostly from plants, such as mescaline from cactus and psilocybin from mushrooms. There was also created in the laboratory such as LSD. Which is quite popular is hemp and marijuana.